I think it’s important you introduce menopause into your organisation as an inclusive topic – it’s crucial the men and younger women are involved in the conversation too.
However the women who are actually experiencing symptoms will benefit from some very specific support. And there are things you can do which will very quickly make a difference to the way they feel and perform at work.
Menopause can be a very lonely place – I know I’ve been there. The hot flushes, the brain fog, the lack of sleep, loss of confidence and the sense that you’re just not you anymore. And the quickest way to feel less alone and more supported is to hang out with other women who are at a similar stage in their life.
As discussed in a previous blog your menopause champion can organise in person and virtual meet ups and these work really well to give women an opportunity to talk about what’s going on with them and how menopause is affecting them at home and at work.
But you should also give your female employees the opportunity to attend an interactive expert led workshop. As a minimum the workshop should cover:
- Common menopause symptoms and triggers.
- Options for managing symptoms ranging through medical, natural and practical so individuals can make a personal, informed choice as to how to manage symptoms.
- Guidance on how to confidently speak to line managers about menopause and what reasonable adjustments you can ask for and expect.
The benefits of these expert led menopause workshops for your organisation include:
- Equipping female employees with a range of strategies for managing symptoms like hot flushes, poor sleep, brain fog, fatigue and anxiety both at work and at home.
- Those suffering with menopause symptoms feel confident to ask for support from their line manager along with reasonable adjustments so they can continue to be successful and productive in their roles.
- Reduce any menopause related absenteeism too.
Further options for directly supporting women experiencing symptoms at work include:
- Creating a private community and safe forum to champion female employees who’ve attended a workshop and are ready to implement what they’ve learnt.
- Private coaching to ease your female executives through the menopause, dramatically reducing hot flushes, sharpening up any fuzzy thinking and easing menopause related anxiety in client meetings.
If you’d like to discuss the best way your organisation can support your female employees working through menopause please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details and outline what you’re currently doing with regards to menopause in the workplace.