Whilst there is no doubt your body shape is influenced by your genetic make up it can also be influenced by your hormones and there are some simple steps you can take to effect change.
If you tend to hold weight around your hips and bum your body could be reading your oestrogen levels as being too high (and by the way guys this applies to you too). Raised levels of oestrogen can stop or slow down the release of fat from the cells to be used as energy, particularly from around the hips and bum area.
There is growing evidence that part of the problem comes from chemical compounds that mimic oestrogen. These compounds can be found in the pesticides used in our food chain and the chemicals that leak from plastic containers and bottles into our food and drink. For some people coffee can also have the same effect.
To help your body read your oestrogen levels correctly:
- Consider switching to organic foods that have not been exposed to pesticides, fungicides and herbicides.
- Limit the amount of water you drink from plastic bottles – use a glass!
- Avoid heating food in plastic containers in the oven or microwave.
- Try and limit yourself to no more than two cups of coffee a day.
- Include interval training in your exercise routine, ideally HIIT.
- Don’t be afraid of working out with light weights. If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you.
These are just a few of the ways that you can take create hormone balance and get control of your weight and your body shape. Which will you try today?